INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS, Washington, D.C.
- Assistant and Special Counsel to the General President (2007 - 2022)
- Staff Attorney (1999- 2007)
Primary duties included: Responsible for the external affairs of the IBT and the General President. Liaison to White House and all federal agencies, including, but not limited to, the Department of Labor and the Department of Transportation. Liaison to Presidential Transitions of the last three (3) Administrations. Liaison to AFL-CIO; Strategic Organizing Center (formerly Change to Win); and all other Unions and their Principals.
Additional duties: External and internal union affairs, including jurisdictional issues; affiliations and mergers; arbitration; litigation; strategic organizing; card check/neutrality agreements; mediation; and strategic planning and problem solving. Non-profit Corporate Governance and Fundraising. Executive Branch Policy Development, including, but not limited to meeting coordination, drafting regulations and Executive Orders, and handling legislative support.
AMERICAN FEDERATION OF STATE, COUNTY AND MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEES, AFL-CIO, Washington, D.C.
- Associate General Counsel (1993- 1999)
Primary practice consisted of public sector federal labor litigation. Responsibilities included acting as lead counsel in multi-plaintiff federal litigation, drafted briefs, presented oral arguments before federal courts and conducted discovery. Duties also consisted of supervising litigation-related organizing campaigns, defending lawsuits brought against AFSCME and its affiliates, represented AFSCME in arbitration proceedings, overseeing activities of outside counsel, and advising members and staff on legal issues.
MULHOLLAND & HICKEY, Washington, D.C.
- Associate (1990- 1993)
Primary practice consisted of public and private sector federal labor litigation, including significant wage and hour law, constitutional law and railway labor law experience. Responsibilities included drafted briefs, memoranda and opinion letters; presented oral arguments before federal district courts and administrative agencies; developed and implemented discovery strategies; conducted depositions; and handled employee grievances
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1989
- State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, New York
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science - 1986
- Honors: Represented SUNY Binghamton at the Model UN Seminar at Harvard University, Cambridge Massachusetts, 1983; Lacrosse Club
- James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship (2010-2022), Secretary
- Roosevelt Institute, Development/Fundraising Committee (2015-present)
- Roosevelt Institute, Retirement Plan Fiduciaries Committee (2020-present)
- Teamsters Disaster Relief Fund (2018-2022)