Labor And Employment Law Services
The attorneys of Pitta LLP have provided comprehensive labor and employment law services in the public and private sectors for more than 40 years. With offices in New York City, we advise and represent labor unions throughout New York and New Jersey.
New York Attorneys Committed To Union Representation
Our attorneys are committed legal advocates who counsel and represent labor unions in all of the following matters:
- Negotiating, drafting and enforcing collective bargaining agreements. We work for public and private unions, locally and internationally in nearly every industry.
- Grievance mediation and arbitration. Our firm is committed to achieving positive resolutions in a cost-efficient manner.
- Internal union investigations. We have a depth of experience conducting investigations into union fraud, corruption, employment violations and other matters.
- Unfair labor practice proceedings. We are committed to holding unions accounable when they violate the labor practices that govern them.
- Government audits and investigations. We represent unions as they face state, local or federal govermental scrutiny.
- National Labor Relations Board election cases. Our firm helps navigate conflicts involving elections.
- Risk management. We can help unions prevent disputes and potential litigation before it starts.
- Wage and hour cases. Our attorneys can advise on compliance with wage and hour law, and also help negotiate a settlement if an issue occurs.
- Bankruptcy in the context of labor and management relations and the protection of employee rights and benefits. We can help navigate issues related to pensions, contracts, health insurance and other potential challenges that arise in the context of bankruptcy.
Union clients from multiple industries turn to us for skilled and cost-effective representation.
In all of our efforts, our goal is to preserve and strengthen the institution of labor and the rights of union members. Our lawyers have a deep connection to labor. Our attorneys believe in labor.
Labor Law Counsel For Employers
Pitta LLP is one of a handful of New York law firms that advise both labor unions and employers in all labor and management relations matters. Because of our strong relationships with many private and public sector labor unions in virtually every industry and profession, we are able to advise and assist employers that are newly organized by or under contract with labor unions.
We counsel employers to help ensure their compliance with all federal, state and local laws governing employment matters, including:
- Drafting employment policies and employee handbooks
- Conducting internal investigations into complaints of discrimination and harassment
- Conducting internal investigations into whistleblower complaints of executive employee malfeasance and misfeasance
We also advise executive employees in the negotiation, drafting and enforcement of employment compensation and severance agreements.