Mr. Bishop manages the firm’s Albany office and represents the firm’s clients in connection with all legislative, administrative agency and government relations matters before the New York State Legislature, Attorney General’s Office, New York State Comptroller, Governor’s Office and all other executive agencies, as well as the executive and legislative branches of New York City government.
Mr. Bishop began his legal profession as an attorney for the Legal Aid Society of Suffolk County and later served as assistant legislative representative of the Mayor of the City of New York. Prior to joining Pitta LLP as one of the original partners, he was of counsel to Pryor Cashman Sherman & Flynn LLP and Herrick Feinstein LLP. He previously served as partner at Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty LLP and Shea & Gould.
Mr. Bishop is a member of the Bar of the State of New York and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
In addition to serving as a partner of law firm Pitta LLP, he is also a founding member of its affiliated consulting firm, Pitta Bishop & Del Giorno LLC.
Activates and Affiliations:
Mr. Bishop serves on the boards of directors of the Queens County Farm Museum, the Flushing YMCA and the Congressional Glaucoma Caucus Foundation. He serves as treasurer of Government Affairs Professionals, Inc. (GAP) and is active in numerous civic-minded organizations. He served as a gubernatorial appointee to the State of New York Northeastern Queens Nature and Historical Preserve Commission and on the Mayor’s Task Force to End Chronic Homelessness.
Areas Of Practice
- Administrative/ Legislative
- New York, 1976
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1975
- Fordham University, Bronx, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1972
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Government Affairs Professionals, Inc. (GAP), Treasurer
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Pryor Cashman Sherman & Flynn LLP, Counsel
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP, Counsel
- Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty LLP, Partner
- Shea & Gould, Partner
- Legal Aid Society of Suffolk County, Attorney
- The Mayor of the City of New York, Assistant Legislative Representative
- Pitta Bishop & Del Giorno LLC, Founding Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Boards of Directors, Queens County Farm Museum
- Boards of Directors, Flushing YMCA
- Boards of Directors, Congressional Glaucoma Caucus Foundation
- Gubernatorial Appointee, State of New York Northeastern Queens Nature and Historical Preserve Commission
- Mayor’s Task Force to End Chronic Homelessness