Advising Unions On Bankruptcy And Related Litigation
Pitta LLP advises and represents unions affected by employers’ bankruptcy filings in New York and New Jersey.
A wide range of issues arise in these cases. When there is the threat of labor contracts being rejected and pension and health benefits being eliminated as a result of bankruptcy, we provide comprehensive counsel and representation to protect the rights and interests of union members.
Strategic Counsel For Unions Affected By Employer Bankruptcy
In our more than 40 years of legal practice, we have represented numerous creditors, secured and unsecured, in major bankruptcy cases.
Because of our strategic alliances and affiliations, our firm can readily call upon bankruptcy practice groups and their attorneys from the largest and most prestigious New York law firms to address our clients’ needs in the most complex bankruptcy matters, including but not limited to:
- Prebankruptcy workouts and restructurings
- Asset sales under the bankruptcy code and the uniform commercial code
- Motions to lift or modify automatic stays
- Legal actions to compel debtors to assume or reject executory contracts
- Arbitration of contract grievances against employers that have filed for bankruptcy
We represent unions in a wide variety of industries and professions. Our lawyers are committed to strengthening unions and advancing their interests in the most complex of legal situations.
Contact Our Firm: 212-652-3890
The labor law attorneys of Pitta LLP can be reached by email or by phone at 212-652-3890.