Jamie Maffeo is an Associate with Pitta LLP. Jamie is a member of the ERISA/Employee Benefits Practice Group and also assists the Litigation Department.
A native New Yorker, Jamie earned her Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School. While in law school, Jamie held legal internships in both private and public offices in New York State, diversifying her exposure to the practice of law. Additionally, she served as Co-President of the Center for Urban Business Entrepreneurship (CUBE). Jamie earned a Bachelor of Arts in English and Anthropology from Tufts University, where she was a member of the co-ed Varsity Sailing team.
Jamie is a member of the bar of the State of New York and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas Of Practice
- Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Labor and Employment
- New York, 2020
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2020
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2021
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2021
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2020
- Tufts University, Somerville, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 2015
- Honors: Dean’s List (Spring 2015, Spring 2014, Fall 2011)
- Honors: ICSA All-Academic Sailing Team (2014-15)
- Honors: NESCAC All-American Team (Spring 2015, Spring 2013)
- Major: English and Anthropology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- New York State Attorney General’s Office, Intern, Fall 2019
- Tapestry, Inc., Intern, Summer 2019
- Pitta LLP, Intern, Summer 2018