Andrew Midgen is an Associate with Pitta LLP. His practice focuses on representing labor unions and union-affiliated employee benefit funds in litigation, administrative proceedings, and arbitration. Andrew regularly represents unions in election petitions and unfair labor practice charges before the NLRB. Andrew also advises unions on internal governance.
Before joining Pitta, Andrew worked at SEIU Local 2001, representing public sector workers in collective bargaining negotiations, state labor board proceedings, arbitration, and mediation.
Andrew graduated from St. John’s University School of Law. While in law school, Andrew worked for the NLRB Division of Judges, the U.S. Department of Labor Office of the Solicitor, and UNITE HERE! Local 100. Additionally, his article on the nonstatutory labor exemption won first place in the Dr. Emmanuel Stein and Kenneth D. Stein Memorial Writing Competition.
Andrew is a member of the bars of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. Andrew is a member of the Lawyers Coordinating Committee of the AFL-CIO, the ABA Section on Labor and Employment, and the NYSBA Labor and Employment Section.
Areas Of Practice
- Labor and Employment
- New York, 2014
- Connecticut, 2015
- New Jersey, 2013
- St. John's University School of Law
- J.D. - 2013
- University of Massachusetts, Isenberg School of Management, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- The Future Scope of the Antitrust Exemption in Professional Sports
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment Law
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
Past Employment Positions
- CSEA/SEIU Local 2001
- NLRB Division of Judges, Intern
- U.S. Department of Labor Solicitor's Office, Intern
- UNITE HERE Local 100, Intern